Theme & Admin

Ask all your questions about the script here.
never-in-doubt
New

Theme & Admin

Postby never-in-doubt » Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:43 pm

So having spent a week using this awesome free software I've done quite a lot of changes and made the full package templateable into bootstrap themes including the admin page.

No more tables or %'s - it's all updated using bootstrap (divs) and is also now fully responsive.

I've also changed a lot of the core features so if you login and then visit login.php again you won't see the white page saying you're logged in, instead it redirects to the Members homepage. Likewise if you are registered you can't re-register. All the white page errors are a thing of the past - every error now leads to a redirected page depending on permissions and/or status.

Admin page is also incorporated into the theme and uses it's own bootstrap menu - instead of the boxed menu with the package. When you (in admin) click onto a main menu item a side menu appears and all admin add/edit pages are fully bootstrap coded.

I'll post more details and examples once finished but suffice to say it's a really good free script and becomes even better once you invest some time into learning what each page does.

Thought I'd share this with you as even though it's an older script, once updated it's still pretty awesome.
WrestlingHub
New

Re: Theme & Admin

Postby WrestlingHub » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:06 pm

Sounds really cool! Looking forward to seeing the completion of this.
never-in-doubt
New

Postby never-in-doubt » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:24 pm

WrestlingHub wrote:Sounds really cool! Looking forward to seeing the completion of this.

I'll post some screenshots later for you. As I need to load to server I'll post them up tomorrow.

It's looking & feeling awesome right now. :)
never-in-doubt
New

Postby never-in-doubt » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:27 pm

Here is admin menu (mobile screenshot) & a screenshot of the login & register pages. All mobile / responsive views.
Attachments
IMG_5562.PNG
(94.49 KiB) Downloaded 669 times
IMG_5561.PNG
(50.27 KiB) Downloaded 669 times
IMG_5560.PNG
(50.12 KiB) Downloaded 669 times
never-in-doubt
New

Postby never-in-doubt » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:29 pm

Admin mobile menu below.
Attachments
IMG_5564.PNG
(21.82 KiB) Downloaded 669 times
IMG_5563.PNG
(21.41 KiB) Downloaded 669 times
Douglas
Site Admin

Postby Douglas » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:14 pm

This is fantastic! I really wish I had not made my own CAPTCHA software because I think mine is ugly and I don't even know how secure it is anymore. If there is anyway you can integrate Google's service I highly recommend it, and it will work much better.

But this theme is amazing and I wish I could integrate it in for everybody!
never-in-doubt
New

Postby never-in-doubt » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:48 am

When I'm finished I'll package it and send you a copy.

I'm a front end designer so easy to add design. It's the php that catches me out ;)

Bear with me and I'll create a nice style sheet to go with it. At the moment it's using the theme style, but that's for a website I'm building.

Happy to give back based on the awesome script you've built Douglas mate.
never-in-doubt
New

Postby never-in-doubt » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:59 am

Google captcha - I'll add that to registration page if you want..... I'll come back to you on that. I tend not to use it as I usually just set email permissions to high spam which stops a lot. :)
Douglas
Site Admin

Postby Douglas » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:41 pm

Yes definitely! I've been trying to write an updated version of this script but life/university got in the way unfortunately.
never-in-doubt
New

Postby never-in-doubt » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:16 pm

Douglas,

Any preferred HTML theme in mind or should I load it to base bootstrap, i.e. the basic bootstrap starter theme (grey coloured)....

It might mean, after all the edits, I forget certain parts in which case (if it's broken anywhere) then I'll just copy the site I'm doing, change the theme & layout & add Lorem Ipsum text and give you a copy of that.

I've also added full newsletter sign-up & contact forms (HTML / PHP) which integrates nicely as no need for any database edits. i.e. added a contact form to a protected page just for members & a members only subscribe option for offers.

I'll send you a demo link with login credentials once it's finished so you can see it cos it's somewhat different to what comes in the package lol ;)

Should be 1-2 weeks. :)

Return to “Support”