Status on additional fields

Request any feature you like for upcoming versions of the script!
kastler
New

Status on additional fields

Postby kastler » Tue May 12, 2009 12:09 am

Hello,

I just installed the script and noticed that the fields of information I will need are not present. At least, I would need first and last name so that the list of users might be usable as a bulk e-mail list. Also, as mentioned in other posts, additional user-defined fields would be a blessing as well.

Is there any news regarding this type of enhancement?

Thanks in advance!
aleezy
New

Re: Status on additional fields

Postby aleezy » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:36 am

Nice surprise about this shorter form. Can you tell us what it is you are talking/writing about?
Has any info. about this shorter form been posted before (and i just missed it)?
usman
chrisx84
Super User

Postby chrisx84 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:53 pm

kastler wrote:Hello,

I just installed the script and noticed that the fields of information I will need are not present. At least, I would need first and last name so that the list of users might be usable as a bulk e-mail list. Also, as mentioned in other posts, additional user-defined fields would be a blessing as well.

Is there any news regarding this type of enhancement?

Thanks in advance!

add them to another page yourself. Always best to have the registration page as short as possible so you don't scare off potential users.
fadi787
New

Postby fadi787 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:57 am

At least, I would need first and last name so that the list of users might be usable as a bulk e-mail list.
chrisx84
Super User

Postby chrisx84 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:19 pm

you can do that already with the Username field and in the file where you need to put the username into a first and last name strings just do this...

Code: Select all

$firstlast = explode(" ", $username);
$firstname = $firstlast[0];
$lastname = $firstlast[1];

also its not hard to modify the register process. just need to edit html/register_form.php and includes/Users.class.php the register process in the class is close to the bottom. Also dont forget to modify the database table.
wiregrass
New

Postby wiregrass » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:35 am

Can you please be more specific on how to do this? Where would the explode code be placed, such as on the "admin_list_users.php."

How and where would you edit html/register_form.php and includes/Users.class.php the register process?

What change would you need to make to the database?

I know this may take a few minutes of time to write out, but it is HUGELY appreciated.

Return to “Feature Request”